Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Chicken!!!!

Yesterday was a chicken day for us and I made my favorite chicken dish and thought I should share it!!!! It's super easy and tastes amazing so I hope you enjoy!

Chicken and Mushrooms

Ingredients
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/4 tsp oregano dried
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 to 2/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
dash pepper
2 cups mushrooms sliced
4 chicken breasts (or I just tried chicken thighs last night and they were great!)

Brown the chicken in olive oil over med heat in a cast iron pan. Add onion and cook until soft. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add oregano, garlic, wine and mushrooms, make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the cooked bits of onion and to make sure the chicken isn't sticking. Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 30 to 35min. Now it's ready to eat!!!!! If you desire you can garnish it with parsley. Serve with a nice salad and some brown rice!!!

I absolutely LOVE to cook and am going to hopefully start trying to create new dishes. Sometimes it's hard to think of new things and you get stuck in a rut so I hope that maybe some of these will be helpful to others.

Jill

No comments: