Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chorizo Sausages

Ok so here is an amazing vegetarian sausage recipe that I made gluten free!!!! It is amazing, I am not a vegetarian but they are great!!!

1/2 cup cooked pinto beans rinsed and drained
1 cup vegetable broth
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp coconut secret (you can use soy sauce)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp. lemon zest (I use juice sometimes)
2 cloved garlic finely minced
1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp. sage
1 tsp. dried oregano

Basically mash the beans until no whole ones are left ( I use my vitamix). Add the rest of the ingredients together with the beans. It is a goopy mixture so I just take tin foil and plop a generous amount in the middle then wrap it up so none can come out. Then place in a steamer and steam approx. 40 min or so. Slice them up and sautee them with onions or alone however you like them. I usually make this recipe X4 so it makes quite a few sausages.

Jill

No comments: