Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mmmmmm Crockpot Mexican Chicken Chili

So I am addicted to reading food blogs lol!!! I was looking for an easy chicken recipe and found this one. I changed only a couple things in it, haven't tried it yet but it looks and smells yummy.
http://hobsonhomestead.blogspot.com/2010/12/crockpot-mexican-chicken-chili.html

That is the link to the recipe but here it is below with what changes I made.


Crockpot Mexican Chicken Chili

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup salsa verde (Insead I used 1 cup of regular salsa I had made since I haven't ever seen salsa verde)
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes (I used 1 946ml can of organic diced tomatoes)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tsp chili powder (I doubled this)
  • 1 tsp cumin (I doubled this)
  • 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and halved (I added a couple extra)
  • Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chives
1. In crockpot, add salsa verde, celery, Rotel, onion, chili powder and cumin. On a whim, I bough Pace Salsa Verde at the store earlier this week. Sure, I'd love to create my own version, but another trip to the store wasn't worth it to me. Here's a good recipe for Salsa Verde in case you're interested in what's in it.
2. Turn crockpot on high and place chicken breast halves on top of mixture. Be sure to push them down a bit in the mixture so that they're basted with liquid.
3. After 3 or 4 hours, check to make sure chicken is cooked. Then shred halves with a fork and serve.


Sounds soooo yummy!!!!

No comments: