Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chili!!!!!

So I have finally come up with my best chili recipe yet, or I think so anyway. It is made with ground turkey but you could substitute with ground beef too if you want. I have been feeling so crappy with this pregnancy and pretty much want to throw up every second of every day so anything easy is good with me. Here it is, enjoy!!!!

Turkey Chili

2 796ml cans of diced tomatoes (blended into juice)
2lbs cooked ground turkey
1 can dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can regular chili beans (I use pinto)
1 chopped onion
1 chopped pepper (whatever color you wish)
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
Any veggies you desire (I use celery, cauliflower, mushrooms)

Cook the turkey, drain then put in pot. Add everything else and simmer on stove until veggies are cooked to your desired texture, we prefer them a little crunchy. Veggies are optional so you could also make it without.

I have tried making a lot of chili as my kids love it and this it the combo that they have liked the most. ENJOY!!!!!

jill

No comments: